Thursday, June 19, 2008

A vague update on the past few days

There have been some changes since my last post, besides the lack of videos. I've decided to take every activity but the 6a and 6p "walk to town" out. I realized that I stay awake much easier if I'm just doing the stuff that sounds fun at the time. On the night of the 6th, I played with Knex pretty much the whole night with my friend, and I was wide awake the whole time.

And speaking of being awake, these first seven days of adjustment have been very confusing. I felt pretty much the same (pretty alert, not very tired) throughout the whole adjustment. There have only been 3 times where I felt seriously sleep-deprived. Two you can read about in previous posts, and the other is very recent: Between my 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM naps today, I was extremely sleep-deprived. It was the most intense sleep-dep I've experienced so far in this experiment, and thankfully, my girlfriend was over to help me stay up. Now, after I've woken up from my 6 AM nap, I'm back to normal again.

Let me define normal real quick, before I end this post: When say I feel normal throughout this experiment, I mean that as long as I'm not bored, I feel awake. As long as I keep myself busy. During these times, a to-do list and a box of Knex goes a long way. But when I'm feeling sleep-deprived like in the previous paragraph, all I can really do is stay physically active and bear it out.

No comments: