Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Firist Mistake!

You know, they say not to get overconfident. And you'd think that after seeing people do just that I'd not get overconfident myself, but I did. It was only a small mistake, really: I took a nap when no one else was home, and didn't ask someone to call me when I should wake up. I thought something like "Well this will be my personal success--to prove that I could do it myself. "

Anyway, I ended up waking up, looking confusingly at my camera (as if to say "why is this recording?") , and turning it off. Then, I remember standing in front of the couch for probably 2-5 minutes trying to justify sleeping for a bit more. I eventually set the alarms for ten minutes, and the loud one for (I thought) around 15 minutes. But somehow, the big one was set for a bit after 11, and that's when I finally woke up.

So I slept for about an hour more than I should have. Compared to most oversleeps you would hear about, it's really not that bad at all, but it still feel really down from the fact that it happened. After that, I tried to find stuff to do to stay awake, and finally got into a good Team Fortress game that pulled me completely from that lingering tiredness.

Also, my 4th nap (1:40 - 2:00 PM) passed without me realizing, so I had to take it quickly, and forgot to set up the camera. But I think that will be the extent of the damage from that oversleep, and it really hasn't caused that much harm. I'll just make sure now to always have someone ready to call at the end of the nap, if no one is there to wake me up in person.

No comments: