Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am a social creature

I already knew I was a social creature, but I didn't know it was this extreme.

After the 2nd nap today (5th day), I started walking into town, trusting the walk to wake me up. But it didn't, to my surprise. I got probably about a fifth of the way to town when my mom saw me on the side of the road and pulled over to talk to me. I asked for a ride into town, thinking the thick of the city would be more stimulating than the road to it. I was wrong, however. I was still really tired--When I was waiting for a breakfast burrito at Carls Jr., I had to keep lifting my head from where it drooped over my table.

Anyway, I made my way to Fred Meyer, and chatted with my boss and the morning people (I work there, but have 19 days off for the adaptation period) about how tired I was or how recent naps had gone. Near the end of the conversation, I realized I simply wasn't tired anymore. And the whole walk home, I was the opposite of how I was before I'd hit Fred Meyer--I was awake and happy. Similarly, when I got home it was hard for me to sit without nodding off while I waited for a half an hour for my 3rd nap to roll around. I woke up Chancey and talked to him, and never even got close to nodding off until my nap.

No comments: