Thursday, June 12, 2008

Starting Polyphasic Sleeping (Uberman/equihexiphasic schedule)

This will be my blog for my third attempt at adjusting to polyphasic sleep, and specifically, the uberman schedule. I'll be using primarily videos to blog, and hosting them here, with some text to go along with the videos. I'm planning to record my thoughts or whatever I have to say before each nap, then leave the camera on record so I can wake up and briefly talk about how the nap was or whatever. Then I'll edit out the 20 minutes of my nap. After six naps, I'll upload the video for the day and post a link here, with a text update as well.

Tomorrow I start. The initial two weeks of adjustment will be centered right on the Summer Solstice. I had that date planned for probably two or three months, because I live in Alaska, and that much more daylight could make a big difference.

I'm excited. I've been counting down the days since 43 days ago. And I'm ready. I have a buddy who wants to try to adjust with me, and I've asked various friends to stay up with me each night until I take my morning walk at 6 AM. So hopefully, I'll never be alone. I'll be walking for about 4 total hours each day, in two 2-hour chunks, and I have various activities planned for each waking period throughout the day, as well as a formidable to-do list. The idea is to try so hard and with so much help, that if I fail, there will be no reason to try again for a long time, because there will be no other reasonable conclusion to draw except that for me as I am now, it's impossible.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Courtney G said...

Good Luck! =) Let me know if you need anything at all.

C