Monday, June 16, 2008

That was very scary.

Wow.

In my previous post I talk about how tired I was. Let me assure you, I was understating it quite a bit, mostly because I was too tired to realize how tired I was. Looking back, it's scary--if my brother hadn't been home, I might not have woken up from naps 3 or 4. When I was eating after the 3rd nap, he looked back and saw me sitting there with my head drooped and my eyes closed. "Logan!" "*mumble*" "Stand up and eat!". I didn't argue; it made sense so I did so. He continued, "Get a cup of water. Cold water." So I dumped out my water and let the water run before refilling the glass. I dunno if it helped, but the point is that I was very tired.

My legs were sore (and still are) from walking so much; I'd thought I was acclimated enough, but I was not. So walking into town wasn't a viable option, because I didn't want to wear out my legs further. I ended up walking my dog very slowly for a while, working my legs lightly enough to where I felt I wasn't working them too hard. I also moved some big rocks around for a while, and used the elliptical my Mom has in the living room. I was able to stay up until my nap, and i quickly fell asleep.

I woke up thinking (with no real evidence) that there was a mistake somehow, and I hadn't gotten a full 20 minutes. My brother was still home, though, so he was able to force me up and start me eating. Just as I was starting to dread another period of struggling to stay awake, I realized: I'm not tired anymore.

It was a slower realization than that implies, but once I did fully realize the truth of it, I was ecstatic. Not only do I not have to go through that crap again (not yet anyway) but also, that 20-minute nap replenished me significantly. It's about 2 hours and 40 minute since I woke up from that nap, and I'm still very much awake. And this is all without any physical activity, just watching my brother play Ninja Gaiden II (pretty sweet game) and posting here on the blog.

I played one of my favorite albums pretty loud, and sang along loudly too. I'm still jittery with relief and happiness.

1 comment:

snailian said...

It looks like you're doing a good job staying on schedule. Keep it up!