Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 12: Mixed Signals, but Definite Improvement

The time between my first and second naps today was bearable, but after I woke up from my second nap I was pretty zombified. After a long while, I got ready to start to walk to town, then did so. But after a while, I started dozing off while I was walking. I should have been alarmed enough then to stop and call for a ride back home, but I shrugged it off and kept walking, in the hope that I would be much less after a little more walking. At one point I woke up from standing on the side of the road, and watched my Mom's car pull over. About the time that I realized I had been sleeping in one place, just standing up, I realized that she must have seen that and was more than freaked out. I got in the car and we headed home. On the way I promised her I wouldn't walk to town again without someone walking with me. The promised wasn't forced on my part, since I knew that dozing, standing up, on the side of a 45 mph road with no sidewalk, definitely wasn't safe.

The third nap of the day wasn't that spectacular, but after the fifth and sixth naps, I had a very high amount of energy. That was cool enough, but then on the first nap of the 13th day it was the same thing--I woke up feeling energized, and so far (I haven't taken the second nap yet) it has lasted throughout the whole waking period, even through 25 minutes of sitting quietly in a passenger seat of a car.

Wow, day 13 already. It seems like a dream come true that I'm actually adapting.

No comments: